Corolar 7.0.0 is compatible with BizTalk 2010, BizTalk 2013 and BizTalk 2013R2 running on SQL 2008, SQL 2008R2, SQL 2012 and SQL 2014
The 7.0.0 release of Corolar includes all features from previous releases and hotfixes, as well as a number of enhancements to core Corolar components.
To install 7.0.0, please uninstall all previous versions of Corolar before installing v7.0.0. If you want to retain the original settings and data in the Corolar Database, please bring the Corolar DB offline before uninstalling the previous versions, and then bring the Corolar DB back online before installing Corolar 7.0.0.
The affected components section describes the Corolar components for which this particular release applies.
This release contains a number of new features for Corolar Monitor
- Code Set Table Mapping (aka, Table Lookup) is now part of Corolar. Code tables from Excel can be imported and lookup via one of the five API calls provided by Corolar.
The APIs can be called within a BizTalk Map or a custom pipeline component.
You can access the code tables setup under the “Code Table Mapping Management” tab
- The Navigation menu on the left is now easier to use. Previously the user had to click on the small triangle to expand the tree. Now clicking the text will expand the tree as well
Corolar BizTalk Artifacts
- Corolar now works with ASCII, Western European (code page 1252), and UTF-8 encodings
- New Loopback adapter is now part of the SDK package. It re-publishes messages on send ports back to the Message Box. The source code is provided as is
- The CorolarHL72XBatchReceive pipeline has been completely revamped. It is now as robust as the standard CorolarHL72XRecvPipeline. Please consult the Corolar User Guide for additional properties available for the CorolarHL72XBatchReceive pipeline
- Pipeline component properties have been normalized to make them consistent across pipelines.
Some properties that are obsolete have been removed and some have the names changed to be more meaningful and descriptive. Please consult the Corolar User Guide for the full list of changes
- A migration tool is provided so that the pipeline projects and bindings migration is seamless when upgrading from previous Corolar versions
Visual Studio Solution Template
- The pipeline project in the VS Solution Template is updated to reflect the use of Pipeline components with new names and properties
SCOM Management Pack
- A new and updated SCOM Management Pack is included and is more comprehensive
Corolar BizTalk Artifact:
1. The Z segment of the output message is incorrect when sending HL7 messages with Z segments in UTF-8 format if the schema does not have the Z segments defined
When the HL7 message sent has no BOM, the first character of the Z segment is lost, and extra spaces appear at the end of the Z segment.
When the HL7 message sent has BOM, the Z segment identifier becomes some unreadable characters and extra spaces appear at the end of the Z segment.
The above scenarios only occur when the schema does not have the Z segment defined
This is a bug caused by BizTalk and Microsoft is currently working on a solution (REG:113082710695377)
Due to the way HL7 Batch message logging works in Corolar (Corolar HL7 Batch pipeline), it makes use of the Z segment part of the message. Therefore Batch message logging with UTF-8 will not function properly until Microsoft addresses the issue.
When processing messages with Z segments in UTF-8 format. Please define the Z segments in the HL7 schema. Doing that will force BizTalk to treat Z segment as part of the HL7 message and eliminate the issue described
2. The messages in failed log folder contain extra NULL characters at the end of the message with the HL7 disassembler encoding set to “,65001”
Messages in the failed log folder have extra NULL characters if the encoding property on the HL7 disassembler is set to “,65001”
This is a bug caused by BizTalk and Microsoft is currently working on a solution
Keep in mind there will be extra NULL characters in the messages within the failed log folder. If there is a need to modify the message for any reason, please delete the extra NULL characters at the end of the message